38th MEN - 18th WOMEN WORLD JUNIOR WEIGHTLIFTING
CHAMPIONSHIPS 22 PANAMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
OLYMPIC QUALIFICATION EVENT
Antigua, Guatemala, May 7th to 18th 2012
- COMPETITIONS RULES Weightlifting competitions according to IWF Rules (2009-2012 Edition)
- MEDALS/TROPHIES Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each bodyweight category for both men and women in the Snatch, Clean & Jerk and Total separately in the two competitions (Pan American Championships and JWC).
- CATEGORIES Men: 56 kg, 62 kg, 69 kg, 77 kg, 85 kg, 94 kg ,105 kg, +105 kg Women: 48 kg, 53 kg, 58 kg, 63 kg, 69 kg, 75 kg, +75 kg
- COMPETITION VENUE Salón Cesar Branas – Antigua Guatemala
- TRAINING VENUE Gimnasio Deportivo C.D.A.G. – Antigua Guatemala
- ENTRY FORMS PRELIMINARY form: Must be sent until 8th March 2012 FINAL ENTRY: Must be sent until 8th April 2012 E -MAIL:
- ACCOMODATION Accommodation will be at the following hotels in Antigua Guatemala Hotel Casa Santo Domingo https://www.casasantodomingo.com.gt/ Hotel Camino Real http://www.caminorealantigua.com.gt/
- FINANCIAL CONDITIONS
a. PARTICIPATION FEE Triple room – US $ -90 USD/ person/ night Double/Twin room – US $ 110 USD/ person/ night Single room – 130 USD/person/ night.
b. ENTRY AND SPECIAL ANTI-DOPING FEE Entry fee for the JWC: 200 USD Entry fee (100 USD) + Special Anti-Doping fee (50 USD) for Pan American Championships: 150 USD
Please note: Anyone who partipates in both events shall pay both fees (350 USD)
All mentioned above costs shall be paid in cash immediately after arrival in the hotel
ELEIKO – IWF licensed company
- ANTI DOPING CONTROL
According procedures and rules established by I.W.F. and W.A.D.A.
Please visit web page: www.minex.gob.gt
For more information contact us:
Tel.: +502-2331 1560 (Ms. Karen Dardon), or +502-2339 3805 (Mr. Jose Rafael Chivalan)
Organizing Committee will provide transfers for all participants from International Airport “Aurora”
Guatemala City to Antigua Guatemala – about 45 km -were accommodation, meetings ,competition
training will take place.
All participants must have medical insurance.
- ANTHEMS AND FLAGS.
All National Federations are asked to bring CD disc with his National Anthem and National Flag
- AIRPORT TAXES
We inform all delegations that leaving Guatemala you must pay a tax 30 USD and approximately 3 USD as security and airport tax.
- BASIC INFORMATION Electricity in Guatemala is U.S. standard 110V Weather: Average temperature in May : 18-25 C Currency: The unit of currency is the Quetzal. The present exchange rate is approximately 7.8 Quetzals per USD.